Designing a PCB prototype with AK5704 is not so difficult and I show an example with my design.
People who are not familiar with AK5704, please read my previous post.
I listed some useful information here just in case you want to skip my previous post 🙂
Let me share the picture of the board that I designed.
For this design, I wanted to have both analog and digital input path, so I added 3.5mm audio jacks (J1-J4) and small connectors (J6-J9).
Power supply is 3V or 5V so that I can use Raspberry Pi or Arduino.
Here is the quick features with this board.
- Analog input connector: 3.5 mm audio jack x 4
- Digital input: 5 pin 1.0 mm pitch connector x 4
- Host interface: 16 pin 2.54 mm pitch header x 1
- Power supply: 3V or 5V
- ADC input: Single-ended or differential input
- Audio interface: I2S (TDM, PCM)
- Control interface: I2C
- I2C address is selectable by resister
It is currently debugging and not 100% sure everything works.
If you are interested in the schematic, please contact me and I might consider sharing the schematic if I feel comfortable 🙂
As of 4/11/2020, analog input is working and I was able to stream the audio using Raspberry Pi ❕❕❕