Raspberry Pi Camara Board with Portable Battery Pack

  1. External Battery Pack with RPi + Camera
    Last time, I was not able to run the RPi camera board at 1080@30 with the battery pack I have.
    I tried to measure the voltage and current
    using multimeter.
    However, my test condition was not great, and long cable caused too much voltage drop to make RPi work properly...
    Hope I have good test tools... it would be nice to make USB current monitor using tiny MCU...
  2. Using PS Vita Portable ChargerI had Vita charger which is capable to output up to 1500mA and tested again.

    TX (RPi)
    raspivid -t 999999 -o - | nc [insert the IP address of the client] 5001

    RX (Windows 7)
    [Path to nc.exe]\nc.exe -L -p 5001 | [Path to mplayer.exe]\mplayer.exe -fps 31 -cache 1024 -

    This time it worked!
    It was the power issue.
    I assume average current is ok but I am guessing the peak current was actually causing issue.
    ..
Hardware:
    Raspberry Pi
    Raspberry Pi Camera Board
    EW-7781Uh WiFi dongle
    PS Vita Portable Charger

   
Summary:
    WiFi video streaming was tested using Raspberry Pi camera board and Vita portable charger.
    Video image was displayed properly and response was less than fast enough.


Reference:    

[AKM Chip Booster] Audio ADC AK5704 PCB Design

Designing a PCB prototype with AK5704 is not so difficult and I show an example with my design. People who are not familiar with AK5704,...